Vinatge & Classic Aircraft Fly-In, North Weald, 22nd and 23rd June 2013
Air-Britain's Fly-In is the longest established UK Fly-In organised independently by and for aviation enthusiasts. It aims to
- Bring aviation enthusiasts, historians, pilots and anyone interested in aviation together in a relaxed aviation atmosphere to enable the sharing of experiences.
- Offer the public, the opportunity to see what Air-Britain offers and learn more about aviation and its rich history,
- Provide aviation enthusiasts with the opportunity to appreciate, photograph and talk to the operators of the aircraft attending,
- Enable Air Britain members to meet its executive officers and to socialise with fellow members and like-mended historians and enthusiasts.
All are welcome to our fly-in for vintage and classic aeroplanes from Aeroncas to Zlins. There will be no actual flying displays, but there will be a warm and friendly welcome and relaxed aviation event for all visitors by air or road.
2013 is our 34th Air-Britain Fly-In and we were pleased to be able to hold it again with the support of The Squadron at North Weald Airfield.Click here or on poster to download full A5 poster
Each year we mark appropriate aviation milestones and to support the event’s “Vintage and Classic” theme this year we are inviting the "cabin Moths" from the famous deHavilland company; Puss Moth, Fox Moth, Leopard Moth and Hornet Moth, as 2013 is the 80th anniversary of the first flight of the DH.85 Leopard Moth
2013 is also the 60th anniversary of the American "Classic" touring aircraft the Mooney 20. Mooney pilots from across Europe are being invited to attend. All aircraft are welcome to attend the Fly-In and we hope to attract a wide range from the vintage, classic aircraft, as well as the more modern types used today.
Mooney M20E N7423V (21-1163) and Mooney M20K G-CERT (25-1134)
Two DH85 Leopard Moths G-ACMN (7050) and G-AIYS (7089)
Air-Britain would like to thank all the visitors who joined us at North Weald for the 2012 Fly-in. The weather impacted on the number of aircraft participating, particularly on Saturday, nevertheless over 90 visiting aircraft did join us over the weekend. We are especially grateful for all the pilots who brought such a wide variety of aircraft to join us over the weekend. Pictures of some of those aircraft can be found here
Awards - 2012 Fly-In
See you in 2013 - 22nd and 23rd June 2013
Here is some feedback from our visitors in 2011
- “Great day on Sunday and always a well organised event. Thanks for the effort guys”
- “ I had the pleasure of attending this event yesterday in the Terrier. It was a thoroughly enjoyable day, great atmosphere with plenty of Beagles and Austers in attendance, very well run event, best fly-In I have been to this year”.
- “I had never previously attended an AB Fly-in but decided to go along to North Weald this year on the Sunday. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would like to say a very big 'THANK YOU' to everyone involved in planning and putting on such a great event! The organisation was first class and my overriding impression was of the incredibly friendly atmosphere. WELL DONE!”
If you need any additional information about the event please feel free to contact us as Air-Britain and The Squadron look forward to welcoming you to North Weald in June.
Fly-In Director - Phil Kemp